Friday, August 31, 2012

J & L Adventure 5: OSU Is Rad pt 2

Lindsey and I went back to OSU to explore more nooks and crannies of our awesome campus!

First we stopped in a few buildings that we'd never been in before.


I thought that this sign in one of the science buildings tells a very clear and amusing story.


We went up to the top story of Kelley Engineering Center. Both of us felt a little dizzy from the height.

I noticed that there were several paper airplanes that were stuck on the many window ledges. I imagined students laughing as they tried to out-throw one another from where we were standing.


Neither of us had been in the Linus Pauling building (so named for the two-time Nobel laureate who attended OSU) so we decided to see how high we could go. The view from the top-floor outdoor patio was beautiful. The whole west side of campus was visible, as was Bald Hill and puffy clouds that went on forever.


We were starting to feel a little squeamish from all of the heights, so we returned to ground and explored the OSU Student Family Housing Community Garden.


One of the coolest parts of the garden was the fence that surrounded it. Lindsey explained that the fence was most likely made out of the trees that had been cleared from the area. I thought it was really cool to make the tree scraps useful.

I also enjoyed the fairy tale effect that it gave the space. I'd really love a fence like this at my future home!


I know I've written about this before, but it never ceases to amaze me how HUGE sunflowers are. This one was a good foot taller than me and its face stretched bigger than my head. All of the flowers were starting to droop because they were too heavy to be supported by the thick stems.


I'll admit that I've never seen eggplants being grown in person! I am not sure I've ever even eaten an eggplant, but boy, were these beautiful!


These tomatoes, all in various stages of ripeness, also looked so pretty. It makes me want to grow vegetables instead of having decorative bushes in my front yard one day. In my opinion, they're just as pretty but you can make a salad with them too!

Thanks for another fun adventure, Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment