Sunday, August 12, 2012

Living room cleanup meets Pinterest cleanup!

My partner and I love our video games, so it's not uncommon for our coffee table to look like this:


So when I was looking for something to keep my hands busy, I remembered this really cool newspaper basket that has been haunting my "Arts & Crafts" Pinboard for quite some time and thought it would be a great solution!


I was really excited to use some of the newspaper that I had leftover from making my compost bin. I also like that it doesn't take many materials to complete this project!


I cut the paper at the fold and kept folding the paper long-ways and slicing until I had many strips of newspaper.
The tutorial said that it would be easy to complete this part using a rotary cutter & mat. I don't do the kind of projects that necessitate these tools (yet), but I agree that it would have made this part easier!


The initial weaving part was made easier by dotting glue where the strips of paper met.


When it came time to build up the sides, I had to extend my weaving area by gluing more strips on outward.


Ta-da! Perhaps a little more wobbly-looking than the original, but I think that it's really cool!


And, it definitely gets the job done! Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment