Tuesday, August 7, 2012

J&L Adventure 4: OSU is Rad

Lindsey and I are both proud Oregon State Beavers, and though we both go to classes, hang out, and participate in groups on campus, we decided that we should see if there are any sights that we have yet not seen at our beloved school.

Here are some of the cool things we found...

 First, we went to see the art exhibit at Fairbanks Hall. Their front room is a gallery, and right now they're displaying artwork that OSU faculty has created. I wasn't sure if I could take pictures of the art, so I decided against it. Lindsey and I did make a friend on the outside of the building, though!

 Lindsey introduced me to this cool building that is maintained by Herbology Horticulture students! It has a garden for a roof! And no, those aren't just weeds growing like they would out of your house gutter, they're intentionally-planted herbs and vegetables and stuff. How awesome!

 Next to that building is a beautiful on-the-ground garden filled with flowers and vegetables.

 The sunflowers and corn are waaaay taller than me!

We spotted several large squash (pumpkins?) in that garden, too. This guy was the size of my head, and obviously still growing. 

We must have climbed to the highest floor of five different buildings looking for a good view - boy, was that a good workout! My favorite view of the trip was from Pharmacy Building looking down at Benton Hall.

It felt like we didn't have nearly enough time to explore all of the cool buildings and features, so we decided that we'll go for another adventure here soon to learn more!

2 comments:

  1. I think that technically, there are no herbs or veggies planted on the roof of the shed, but they are very-intentionally planted non-edible plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! I noticed that there were markers next to different plants on the roof, so I thought they might be herbs. :)

      Delete