Saturday, September 1, 2012

DIY Soap Dispenser Update

I have this problem.
I really dislike the look of the plastic soap pumps that you get when you buy soap not in bulk.

I have another problem too - a college kid budget. :P
I was shopping around for new soap pumps for my kitchen and bathroom, and I really couldn't find any that fit the theme of either. I found kinda-suitable ones, but they were about $7.50 each.

It really just doesn't feel good to buy stuff that only kind of works, that you only kind of like. So I put my thinking cap on, and I came up with...


Ribbon!

I am a big ribbon fan. It's so versatile and pretty and you can do pretty much anything with it.

And it's WAY less expensive than new soap pumps! I lucked out and got these two rolls of ribbon on sale - these two soap pumps cost me $5 instead of getting two new "meh" ones for $15.

DIY TIME!


Apply some kind of adhesive to your ribbon. I used double-sided tape for the red polka-dot one, but switched to hot glue for the blue one. I bet you could also use tacky glue, or... anything you want really.


Start wrapping...


Keep wrapping... (good-bye, label!)


Done!


I love the blue one in my bathroom, too!

Plus, I have a bunch of leftover ribbon to use when I scrapbook. Or when I make cards to send to my friends. Or decorate gifts. Or... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment