Monday, September 3, 2012

A Weekend With RAS

I was so incredibly lucky to be able to spend this weekend with my close childhood friend and bandmate Ricky!

He came over from Moscow to visit me in Corvallis, and with him he brought his super fancy camera that he uses to take pictures for UI's newspaper The Argonaut.

He snapped photos as I showed him around the area.


He had never seen Oregon State before, and we were happily able to visit on a quiet day without many people around.


He recognized the iconic Memorial Union building right away...


...but wasn't as familiar with the equally beautiful Weatherford Hall. He said over and over, "I can't believe this is a dorm!"

One of my favorite parts of being at OSU is DJing on the school's radio station, KBVR.
I took Ricky in the booth and we chatted on air and played a bunch of random, unfamiliar, yet all very fun music.


This one was taken with his iPhone, yet still witness its awesomeness!

After our OSU tour we headed downtown for a burrito at Laughing Planet Cafe.


Stuffed with burrito deliciousness, we decided to head to the waterfront to watch the river flow.


But we weren't satisfied with the river - we had to see the whole ocean! So we headed over to beautiful Newport just an hour away to enjoy the sand, sun, and kites.


Ricky so very kindly took some pictures of me while we were there!

I had the best time catching up and hanging out with him!
It means so much to have such wonderful friendships, and I'm honored to have such a friendship with this great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment